How to Delete Ameriprise Financial Completely
Learn how to delete your Ameriprise Financial account, your personal data and also delete the Ameriprise Financial app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Ameriprise Financial completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Ameriprise Financial Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Ameriprise Financial. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Ameriprise Financial via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Ameriprise Financial.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Ameriprise Financial of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Ameriprise Financial's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Ameriprise Financial on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Ameriprise Financial from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Ameriprise Financial app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Ameriprise Financial from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Ameriprise Financial icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Ameriprise Financial.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Ameriprise Financial app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Ameriprise Financial" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Ameriprise Financial from your Android phone
To delete Ameriprise Financial from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Ameriprise Financial.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Ameriprise Financial app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Ameriprise Financial app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Ameriprise Financial Software Details
1. Investment advisory products and services are made available through Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc., a registered investment adviser.
2. To access your account information and take full advantage of the Ameriprise app, you must be an Ameriprise client and be a registered user of our secure client site.
3. Or, use the app to find an Ameriprise financial advisor near you and take the first step in reaching your goals by reaching someone who can help get you there.
4. As an Ameriprise Financial client, you can connect with your accounts and your advisor.
5. Users of this app agree to be bound by the terms of the Ameriprise Financial App Rules and Regulations.
6. Investment products are not federally or FDIC insured, are not guaranteed by any financial institutions, and involve investment risks including possible loss of principal and fluctuation in value.
7. Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC.
8. The Compass is a trademark of Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
9. © 2011-2020 Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
10. The Ameriprise app is covered by safeguards similar to those we use to protect your privacy and security online.
11. Set up Bill Pay to pay your bills online through your eligible Ameriprise accounts.
12. Get anytime, anywhere access to the information you need to help you make smart, informed financial decisions.
13. Download the Ameriprise app today and start putting your dreams and goals more within reach.