How To Delete Amex Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Amex account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Amex app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Amex completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Amex Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Amex. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Amex via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Amex.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Amex of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Amex's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Amex on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Amex from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Amex app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Amexs from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Amex icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Amex.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Amex app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Amex" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Amex app from your Android device
To delete Amex from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Amex.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Amex app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Amex app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Amex Software Details
Access your American Express® account from virtually anywhere with the American Express® App. Take advantage of what your U.S. Personal, Small Business, and Corporate accounts have to offer: Track spending and rewards, find offers, pay your bill, add your Card to your mobile wallet, and enjoy features available only in the app. STAY ON TOP OF YOUR SPENDING Track recent purchases with a timeline of your activity, and sort your charges by amount and date. Easily see your payment status and pay your bill from virtually anywhere. Turn on AutoPay to pay your bill automatically from your bank ac...