How to Delete Cortex Wallet Completely
Learn how to delete your Cortex Wallet account, your personal data and also delete the Cortex Wallet app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Cortex Wallet completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Cortex Wallet Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Cortex Wallet. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Cortex Wallet via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Cortex Wallet.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Cortex Wallet of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Cortex Wallet's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Cortex Wallet on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Cortex Wallet from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Cortex Wallet app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Cortex Wallet from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Cortex Wallet icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Cortex Wallet.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Cortex Wallet app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Cortex Wallet" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Cortex Wallet from your Android phone
To delete Cortex Wallet from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Cortex Wallet.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Cortex Wallet app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Cortex Wallet app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Cortex Wallet Software Details
1. 3.Personal data is encrypted with identity private key and stored in decentralized storage network.
2. 1.Private key is encrypted and stored in the local file system on your phone, the server never touches the private key.
3. 2.Provide a variety of private key backup strategies to prevent loss and theft.
4. 5.Provide personal privacy and data security to your digital funds.
5. Cortex Wallet is designed for Cortex main net, providing the most secure, well-rounded, and user-friendly experience.