How To Delete NASA Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your NASA account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the NASA app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with NASA completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete NASA Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by NASA. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting NASA via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with NASA.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify NASA of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete NASA's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of NASA on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete NASA from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting NASA app from an Iphone
If you want to delete NASA from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the NASA icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on NASA.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the NASA app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete NASA" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete NASA from your Android phone
To delete NASA from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on NASA.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the NASA app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the NASA app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
NASA Software Details
Come explore with NASA and discover the latest images, videos, mission information, news, feature stories, tweets, NASA TV and featured content with the NASA app. Features: - View over 16,000 images (and growing everyday) - Watch live NASA TV - Read all the latest news and features stories - Watch over 14,000 NASA videos from around the agency - Discover the latest NASA mission Information - View upcoming sighting opportunities for the International Space Station and get notifications before they happen - Watch live streaming video from the High Definition Earth Viewing (HDEV) experi...