How to Delete Yotta Completely
Learn how to delete your Yotta account, your personal data and also delete the Yotta app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Yotta completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Yotta Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Yotta. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Yotta via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Yotta.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Yotta of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Yotta's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Yotta on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Yotta from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Yotta app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Yotta from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Yotta icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Yotta.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Yotta app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Yotta" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Yotta from your Android phone
To delete Yotta from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Yotta.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Yotta app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Yotta app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Yotta Software Details
1. Every $25 you save into our FDIC insured savings account earns you a recurring ticket to win prizes up to $10m through weekly random number drawings.
2. • Your savings account is FDIC insured and held at Evolve Bank & Trust, a bank that has been around for over 90 years.
3. You can withdraw your money at any time and your money is fully FDIC insured, so there’s no risk.