How To Delete Verizon Messages Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Verizon Messages account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Verizon Messages app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Verizon Messages completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Verizon Messages Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Verizon Messages. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Verizon Messages via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Verizon Messages.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Verizon Messages of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Verizon Messages's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Verizon Messages on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Verizon Messages from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Verizon Messages app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Verizon Messagess from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Verizon Messages icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Verizon Messages.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Verizon Messages app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Verizon Messages" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Verizon Messages app from your Android device
To delete Verizon Messages from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Verizon Messages.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Verizon Messages app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Verizon Messages app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Verizon Messages Software Details
Stay connected using Verizon Messages sync features for your Smartphone, tablet, and computer. Keep the conversation going even when you’re switching between devices. Connect with family, friends, teammates, and more through personalized group chats, texts, photos, videos and gift cards worth up to $100 at stores like Starbucks, Dominos, and more. Now anyone can download and chat with Verizon Messages, even non Verizon customers (available on compatible devices). GROUP CHATS – Create larger group chats with up to 250 people. Send and receive photos/videos in seconds. Personalize your chat e...