How To Delete CrimeCon Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your CrimeCon account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the CrimeCon app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with CrimeCon completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete CrimeCon Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by CrimeCon. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting CrimeCon via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with CrimeCon.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify CrimeCon of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete CrimeCon's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of CrimeCon on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete CrimeCon from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting CrimeCon app from an Iphone
If you want to delete CrimeCons from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the CrimeCon icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on CrimeCon.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the CrimeCon app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete CrimeCon" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting CrimeCon app from your Android device
To delete CrimeCon from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on CrimeCon.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the CrimeCon app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the CrimeCon app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
CrimeCon Software Details
The official CrimeCon app is everything you love about true crime, every day. Become a CrimeCon Insider. Download, subscribe, & access... • True crime news and content • Full access to the true crime community. Participate in discussions and publish your own content, photos and videos • Pre-sale access to discount tickets for all CrimeCon events • First to receive official event announcements, updates and information directly from the CrimeCon organizers • Over 45 hours of true crime video content from all CrimeCon events — including sessions, panels, keynotes and extras • Acc...