How To Delete Secure Folder Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Secure Folder account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Secure Folder app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Secure Folder completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Secure Folder Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Secure Folder. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Secure Folder via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Secure Folder.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Secure Folder of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Secure Folder's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Secure Folder on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Secure Folder from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Secure Folder app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Secure Folders from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Secure Folder icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Secure Folder.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Secure Folder app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Secure Folder" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Secure Folder app from your Android device
To delete Secure Folder from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Secure Folder.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Secure Folder app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Secure Folder app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Secure Folder Software Details
This update is available for Samsung Mobile with Android 7.0 and above. Secure Folder leverages the defence-grade Samsung Knox security platform to create a private, encrypted space on your Samsung Galaxy phone. Apps and data moved to Secure Folder are sandboxed separately on the device and gain an additional layer of security and privacy. Easier and more convenient Store your private files and apps safely. It's easy to move apps and data by tapping "Move to Secure Folder" or by importing them via "Add files" from inside Secure Folder. Your personal apps and data will be separated and e...