How to Delete Pinterest Completely
Learn how to delete your Pinterest account, your personal data and also delete the Pinterest app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Pinterest completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Pinterest Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Pinterest. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Pinterest via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Pinterest.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Pinterest of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Pinterest's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Pinterest on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Pinterest from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Pinterest app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Pinterest from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Pinterest icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Pinterest.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Pinterest app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Pinterest" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Pinterest from your Android phone
To delete Pinterest from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Pinterest.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Pinterest app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Pinterest app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Pinterest Software Details
1. Looking for creative ideas? Whether you’re planning your next big travel adventure, searching for home design concepts, looking for fashion & fitness tips or checking out new recipes, explore lifestyle inspiration on Pinterest.
2. With fitness tips, interesting DIY projects to try out and tons of great fashion, style & beauty tips, Pinterest keeps all of your lifestyle inspiration in one place.
3. Explore thousands of recommended or trending images, get travel inspiration or read new recipes and creative food ideas for your next dinner party.
Reported Deleting Issues
Please DELETE PINTEREST immediately! Thank you.
— by Nancy Miller on Jan 27 2022