How To Delete Petro-Canada Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Petro-Canada account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Petro-Canada app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Petro-Canada completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Petro-Canada Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Petro-Canada. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Petro-Canada via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Petro Canada.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Petro Canada of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Petro-Canada's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Petro-Canada on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Petro-Canada from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Petro-Canada app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Petro-Canadas from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Petro-Canada icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Petro-Canada.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Petro-Canada app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Petro-Canada" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Petro-Canada app from your Android device
To delete Petro-Canada from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Petro-Canada.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Petro-Canada app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Petro-Canada app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Petro-Canada Software Details
Welcome to the new Petro-Canada app. We’ve made it easier for you to: • sign in using Touch • find a location near you • collect Petro-Points • manage your cards with our new digital wallet • redeem your points directly in-app for eGift cards • update your account settings Also, we’re excited about what’s coming soon: buy a car wash, buy and reload your favourite cards, redeem for even more rewards in-app, and so much more. Look for more updates to your app in the coming months.