How To Delete Xbox Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Xbox account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Xbox app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Xbox completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Xbox Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Xbox. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Xbox via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Xbox.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Xbox of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Xbox's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Xbox on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Xbox from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Xbox app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Xboxs from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Xbox icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Xbox.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Xbox app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Xbox" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Xbox app from your Android device
To delete Xbox from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Xbox.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Xbox app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Xbox app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Xbox Software Details
The all new Xbox app keeps you connected to the fun with your friends, games, and console from your phone or tablet while on the go. Easily share game clips and screenshots from your console to favorite gaming & social networks. Friends and parties follow you with voice and text chat, even if they’re on console or PC. Get notifications for new game invites, messages, and more. Plus, now play games from your console straight to your phone over the internet. The free Xbox app is the best way to stay in the game—wherever you like to play. -Download the new Xbox app and stay connected to fr...