How To Delete Xbox Game Pass Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Xbox Game Pass account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Xbox Game Pass app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Xbox Game Pass completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Xbox Game Pass Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Xbox Game Pass. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Xbox Game Pass via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Xbox Game Pass.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Xbox Game Pass of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Xbox Game Pass's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Xbox Game Pass on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Xbox Game Pass from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Xbox Game Pass app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Xbox Game Pass from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Xbox Game Pass icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Xbox Game Pass.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Xbox Game Pass app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Xbox Game Pass" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete Xbox Game Pass from your Android phone
To delete Xbox Game Pass from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Xbox Game Pass.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Xbox Game Pass app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Xbox Game Pass app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Xbox Game Pass Software Details
Get unlimited access to play over 100 great games, including highly-anticipated Xbox exclusives, for one low monthly price.* Play a wide variety of games from every genre from blockbusters to critically-acclaimed indie titles. You’ll always have something new to play, and you have the freedom to discover and play games you’ve always wanted to play, or revisit favorites that you’ve been missing. Download the Xbox Game Pass app to search, browse, and download new games to your console when you’re on your mobile device. How does Xbox Game Pass work? - Join and play over 100 great games in...