How To Delete Skype for Business for Android Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Skype for Business for Android account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Skype for Business for Android app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Skype for Business for Android completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
- How to Delete via Email
- How to Delete on Iphone
- How to Delete on Android
- Apps like Skype for Business for Android
Delete Skype for Business for Android Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Skype for Business for Android. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Skype for Business for Android via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Skype .
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Skype of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Skype for Business for Android's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Skype for Business for Android on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Skype for Business for Android from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Skype for Business for Android app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Skype for Business for Android from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Skype for Business for Android icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Skype for Business for Android.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Skype for Business for Android app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Skype for Business for Android" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete Skype for Business for Android from your Android phone
To delete Skype for Business for Android from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Skype for Business for Android.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Skype for Business for Android app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Skype for Business for Android app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Skype for Business for Android Software Details
Skype for Business, formerly Lync 2013, for Android extends the power of Lync and Skype to your favorite mobile device: voice & video over wireless, rich presence, instant messaging, conferencing, and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface. Key Features: -Initiate a group IM or video conversation and invite additional participants -Join, rejoin and initiate a Skype for Business Meeting to communicate and collaborate on amazing ideas -Share your video and view speaker's video during a conference -Control the meeting (mute or remove attendees) and know more about participan...