How To Delete Microsoft Live Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Microsoft Live account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Microsoft Live app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Microsoft Live completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Microsoft Live Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Microsoft Live. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Microsoft Live via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Microsoft Live.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Microsoft Live of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Microsoft Live's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Microsoft Live on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Microsoft Live from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Microsoft Live app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Microsoft Live from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Microsoft Live icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Microsoft Live.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Microsoft Live app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Microsoft Live" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete Microsoft Live from your Android phone
To delete Microsoft Live from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Microsoft Live.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Microsoft Live app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Microsoft Live app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Microsoft Live Software Details
Microsoft Live will be your own personal assistant for on-site training and events. Access your daily schedule, find session rooms with maps, complete surveys, connect with other attendees, and stay up to date with last minute announcements! Code: Microsoft Live, Microsoft Unite