How To Delete LastPass Password Manager Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your LastPass Password Manager account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the LastPass Password Manager app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with LastPass Password Manager completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
- How to Delete via Email
- How to Delete on Iphone
- How to Delete on Android
- Apps like LastPass Password Manager
Delete LastPass Password Manager Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by LastPass Password Manager. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting LastPass Password Manager via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with LastPass Password Manager.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify LastPass Password Manager of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete LastPass Password Manager's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of LastPass Password Manager on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete LastPass Password Manager from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting LastPass Password Manager app from an Iphone
If you want to delete LastPass Password Manager from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the LastPass Password Manager icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on LastPass Password Manager.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the LastPass Password Manager app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete LastPass Password Manager" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete LastPass Password Manager from your Android phone
To delete LastPass Password Manager from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on LastPass Password Manager.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the LastPass Password Manager app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the LastPass Password Manager app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
LastPass Password Manager Software Details
1. From your LastPass vault, you can store passwords and logins, create online shopping profiles, generate strong passwords, track personal information in notes, and more.
2. LastPass is a password manager and password generator that locks your passwords and personal information in a secure vault.
3. - Store usernames and passwords for all of your online accounts securely in your LastPass encrypted vault.
4. - For Android Oreo and future OS releases, LastPass will automatically save usernames and passwords to the vault as you visit each site and app.
5. Let LastPass remember your passwords for you, and keep you safe online.
6. All you have to do is remember your LastPass master password, and LastPass will autofill web browser and app logins for you.
7. Only remember your LastPass master password and forget the rest.
8. Download LastPass now and get the protection you need for your online information.
9. - Securely store information like credit card numbers and health insurance cards in the encrypted vault.