How to Delete KOSTAL Solar App Completely
Learn how to delete your KOSTAL Solar App account, your personal data and also delete the KOSTAL Solar App app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with KOSTAL Solar App completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete KOSTAL Solar App Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by KOSTAL Solar App. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting KOSTAL Solar App via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with KOSTAL Solar App.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify KOSTAL Solar App of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting KOSTAL Solar App's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of KOSTAL Solar App on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete KOSTAL Solar App from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete KOSTAL Solar App app from your Iphone
If you want to delete KOSTAL Solar App from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the KOSTAL Solar App icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on KOSTAL Solar App.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the KOSTAL Solar App app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete KOSTAL Solar App" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete KOSTAL Solar App from your Android phone
To delete KOSTAL Solar App from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on KOSTAL Solar App.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the KOSTAL Solar App app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the KOSTAL Solar App app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
KOSTAL Solar App Software Details
1. If you don’t like to connect to the PIKO Solar Portal the historical data can be obtained by the direct connection from PIKO inverter and PIKO Solar App.
2. This historic data derives from the PIKO Solar Portal when your PV system is registered there.
3. If you don’t want to use the automatic mode of the PIKO Solar App or if your PIKO inverter is not registered in the PIKO Solar Portal you can set up the app manually.
4. In the "Live Data" you can see the current power data of the choosen plant (on the top left next to the app logo) and the self consumption in combination with the PIKO sensor.
5. Thanks to the PIKO Solar App, the monitoring of your PV system is easily and very comfortably possible via your smartphone or tablet – naturally free of charge.
6. Due to the connection between PIKO inverter and PIKO Solar Portal the configuration of the PIKO Solar App can be done automatically.
7. After that you get an overview of all PV systems which are assigned to your account and you can select the specific PV plant which should be visualized in the PIKO Solar App.
8. If you have a PIKO of the new generation combined with the PIKO BA Sensor, you will also be able to see how much energy is used in your building by your household devices and furthermore how this energy demand is covered by the different sources (e.g. public grid or PV system).
9. The PIKO Solar App is available for the Android and the iOS operating system.
10. With the PIKO BA System you can also check how much of the produced energy is stored in the battery or is taken from there to be used in the household.
11. If you want to attach the technical data of the inverter to the e-mail, you have to enable the checkbox "Technical information send them along" and confirm the "Submit" button.
12. Besides this live data, which is updated via WLAN, you can also graphically display historic yields (day, week, month, year and aggregated data).
13. Then all information regarding the PV plant and the PIKO inverter will be transferred into the app.
14. To use the automatic mode you have to fill in your email address and corresponding password in the menu setting “PIKO Solar Portal”.
15. In the graphical representation of the live data (“Live view”) you can check the important details from your PV system.