How To Delete Google Find My Device Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Google Find My Device account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Google Find My Device app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Google Find My Device completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
- How to Delete via Email
- How to Delete on Iphone
- How to Delete on Android
- Apps like Google Find My Device
Delete Google Find My Device Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Google Find My Device. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Google Find My Device via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Google Find My Device.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Google Find My Device of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Google Find My Device's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Google Find My Device on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Google Find My Device from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Google Find My Device app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Google Find My Device from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Google Find My Device icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Google Find My Device.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Google Find My Device app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Google Find My Device" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete Google Find My Device from your Android phone
To delete Google Find My Device from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Google Find My Device.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Google Find My Device app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Google Find My Device app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Google Find My Device Software Details
Find My Device helps you locate your lost Android and lock it until you get it back. Features See your phone, tablet or watch on a map. If current location isn’t available, you’ll see the last known location. Use indoor maps to help you to find your device in airports, malls, or other large buildings Navigate to your device with Google Maps by tapping the device location and then the Maps icon Play a sound at full volume, even if your device is on silent Erase the device or lock it with a custom message and contact number on lock screen See networ...