How to Delete Electricity Meter Completely
Learn how to delete your Electricity Meter account, your personal data and also delete the Electricity Meter app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Electricity Meter completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Electricity Meter Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Electricity Meter. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Electricity Meter via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Electricity Meter.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Electricity Meter of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Electricity Meter's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Electricity Meter on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Electricity Meter from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Electricity Meter app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Electricity Meter from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Electricity Meter icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Electricity Meter.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Electricity Meter app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Electricity Meter" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Electricity Meter from your Android phone
To delete Electricity Meter from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Electricity Meter.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Electricity Meter app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Electricity Meter app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Electricity Meter Software Details
1. If you have had an electricity meter installed in the last few years, or you have installed a solar PV installation, your electricity meter(s) will be electronic with an LED which flashes.
2. The rate of this flashing is proportional to the amount of power passing through the meter, and so useful information is there to be collected.
3. This value is derived capturing at least two consecutive flashes emitted by the LED on the counter, and detected by the SENSOR CAMERA or brightness of your Android device.
4. 1)accurately measure the instantaneous power consumption (kW) of your home.
5. You can then easily calculate the power of each electronic equipment in operation.
6. The frequency of pulses indicates the power demand.