How to Delete AT&T U-verse Completely
Learn how to delete your AT&T U-verse account, your personal data and also delete the AT&T U-verse app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with AT&T U-verse completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete AT&T U-verse Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by AT&T U-verse. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting AT&T U-verse via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with AT&T U-verse.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify AT&T U-verse of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting AT&T U-verse's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of AT&T U-verse on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete AT&T U-verse from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete AT&T U-verse app from your Iphone
If you want to delete AT&T U-verse from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the AT&T U-verse icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on AT&T U-verse.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the AT&T U-verse app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete AT&T U-verse" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete AT&T U-verse from your Android phone
To delete AT&T U-verse from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on AT&T U-verse.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the AT&T U-verse app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the AT&T U-verse app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
AT&T U-verse Software Details
1. Eligible Wireless: Requires a compatible device and postpaid data service or eligible prepaid monthly plan.
2. AT&T wireless usage subject to AT&T’s service terms, conditions, restrictions, and network management practices, including speed reduction.
3. Personalize your U-verse experience by adding your favorite shows, channels, and people to My U-verse Favorites.
4. Requires qualifying device, U-family or higher TV plan and Wi-Fi or data connection.
5. Watch Live TV and On Demand shows, manage your DVR, and use the app as a remote control.
6. Watch on your schedule! Choose from thousands of On Demand movies and shows from top networks.
7. Easily manage your scheduled and recorded shows on your U-verse DVR at home.
8. Browse or search your personal TV programming guide to find your favorite shows.