How to Delete Prolific PL2303 USB-UART Completely
Learn how to delete your Prolific PL2303 USB-UART account and personal data from your device.
Table of Contents:
Reading time: 47 seconds
1. Delete Prolific PL2303 USB-UART Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Prolific PL2303 USB-UART:
- Under GDPR: EU/UK Residents have the right to ask (via email), an organization that holds data about them to delete it. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. Organizations have one month to respond to the request.
- Under CCPA: California residents have the right to request that a company delete the data/personal information it has on them. A failure to comply with this will result in a fine of upto $7,500.
Now we understand what the Law says, Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- To delete your Prolific PL2303 USB-UART account, contact Prolific PL2303 USB-UART via email and provide the reasons for your request.
- Mention the law under which you make your request (GDPR or CCPA).
- Notify Prolific PL2303 USB-UART of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send the email to [email protected]... Login to see email.
2. How to Delete Prolific PL2303 USB-UART on Iphone
- On iphone, Goto "Settings "
- Click on "General" » "Iphone Storage".
- Select the app, and click "Delete Prolific PL2303 USB-UART".
3. Delete Prolific PL2303 USB-UART on Android phone
- Go to your Android phone Settings.
- Click on "Apps & Games".
- Select "Prolific PL2303 USB-UART" and Click "Uninstall".
Prolific PL2303 USB-UART Product Details
Prolific announces the world's first and only Android USB Host API driver solution (NO root permission needed) for connecting PL2303 USB-to-Serial devices to Android-powered devices with USB Host mode support. Customers can now develop Android software (APP) based on the Android driver library provided by Prolific. The PL2303 USB-to-Serial chip not only provides driver solutions for Windows/Mac/Linux but now also for Android OS platforms. The PL2303 Android driver library allows customers and developers to write Android applications to interface their UART/ RS232 / RS422 / RS485 devices with millions of Android USB host devices like Smartphones, Tablets, and Smart TVs. This is just a terminal program, not used in the above specific device applications, such as GPS, cash register, modem,..etc... Terminal program just for watching row data, if you have a specific purpose, please make sure your PL2303 chip model, you can download the SimpleTest APK source code from Prolific web-site, and then develop your own android application Requirements: --------------------- - USB Device with PL2303HXD, PL2303EA or PL2303RA controller chip NOTE: PL2303HXA and PL2303XA are not supported (Discontinued Products) - Android-Powered Device (Tablet/Phones) with USB Host Mode Support - Android 3.2 and above OS versions Prolific recommends following vendor cable brands: Product: FB1210 USB to 1-port RS-232 Adapter( PL2303HXD ) Product: FB1311 Commercial Grade USB to RS-422/485 Adapter(PL2303HXD ) Good Way Technology Co., Ltd. E-mail: [email protected] Web: http://www.goodway.com.tw/ Product: Plugable USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter (PL2303HXD ) Plugable Technologies (USA & UK Direct) E-mail: [email protected] Web: http://www.plugable.com/ Product: OP-1010, OP-1012 -->> USB to TTL (PL2303HXD ) Product: OP-1020 -->> USB to RS232 (PL2303HXD ) Product: OP-1030 -->> USB to RS485 (PL2303HXD ) ONEPING TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD E-mail: [email protected] Web: http://www.oneping.com.tw/