How to Delete SwipeYours Completely
Learn how to delete your SwipeYours account, your personal data and also delete the SwipeYours app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with SwipeYours completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete SwipeYours Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by SwipeYours. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting SwipeYours via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with SwipeYours.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify SwipeYours of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting SwipeYours's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of SwipeYours on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete SwipeYours from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete SwipeYours app from your Iphone
If you want to delete SwipeYours from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the SwipeYours icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on SwipeYours.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the SwipeYours app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete SwipeYours" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete SwipeYours from your Android phone
To delete SwipeYours from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on SwipeYours.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the SwipeYours app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the SwipeYours app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
SwipeYours Software Details
1. App allows you to enter your own magnetic stripe data from a Visa card and use it in an NFC payment protocol called Visa MSD.
2. The card data entered into the app is stored using Android's SharedPreference API in a way that is not accessible by other apps on a non-rooted phone.
3. While Visa did not intend for card holders to use their data this way, the app will work with Visa cards from most banks.
4. App that helps developers understand the new Android Host Card Emulation feature for payments.
5. To obtain the magnetic stripe data from your card, you will need a reader.
6. Privacy: This app has no Internet permissions and will not transfer your card information anywhere other than over the NFC interface for payments.
7. Visa MSD is a supported payment protocol by most NFC payment terminals in the United States and Canada.
8. SwipeYours requires both NFC and and Android version >= 4.4 for HCE (Host Card Emulation).
9. While I'm sure there's more secure options, you can use an app like Google Keep or Docs to quickly transfer the swipe input to your phone and paste it into the app.