How To Delete Yahoo Finance Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Yahoo Finance account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Yahoo Finance app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Yahoo Finance completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Yahoo Finance Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Yahoo Finance. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Yahoo Finance via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Yahoo Finance.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Yahoo Finance of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Yahoo Finance's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Yahoo Finance on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Yahoo Finance from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Yahoo Finance app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Yahoo Finance from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Yahoo Finance icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Yahoo Finance.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Yahoo Finance app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Yahoo Finance" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete Yahoo Finance from your Android phone
To delete Yahoo Finance from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Yahoo Finance.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Yahoo Finance app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Yahoo Finance app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Yahoo Finance Software Details
1. Want to make the most of Yahoo Finance? Upgrade to a Premium subscription for exclusive tools that help you maximize your profits with confidence.
2. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of each billing period unless you cancel at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
3. Access real-time stock information and investment updates to stay on top of the market.
4. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account as soon as you confirm the purchase.
5. You can cancel at any point in your App Store account settings.