How To Delete Surge for Uber Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Surge for Uber account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Surge for Uber app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Surge for Uber completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Surge for Uber Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Surge for Uber. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Surge for Uber via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Surge .
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Surge of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Surge for Uber's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Surge for Uber on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Surge for Uber from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Surge for Uber app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Surge for Ubers from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Surge for Uber icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Surge for Uber.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Surge for Uber app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Surge for Uber" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Surge for Uber app from your Android device
To delete Surge for Uber from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Surge for Uber.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Surge for Uber app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Surge for Uber app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Surge for Uber Software Details
*** WARNING: Our app has already been updated and is functioning normally. Please update to most recent version Don't miss any more SURGES! Get ahead of the competition and significantly increase your earnings! This app will notify drivers in which city locations the user asks for when Uber is SURGING. The notice will also notify if the pricing is starting, raising, lowering or ending. The driver will also be alerted by a customizable sound. A radius of 300 meters around the driver will also be checked for any surges, so the driver can be notified of any surges around him, without having...