How To Delete Vimeo Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Vimeo account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Vimeo app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Vimeo completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Vimeo Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Vimeo. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Vimeo via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Vimeo.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Vimeo of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Vimeo's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Vimeo on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Vimeo from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Vimeo app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Vimeos from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Vimeo icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Vimeo.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Vimeo app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Vimeo" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Vimeo app from your Android device
To delete Vimeo from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Vimeo.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Vimeo app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Vimeo app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Vimeo Software Details
Discover amazing videos from the world’s best creators, and upload your own—all on your phone and tablet—with Vimeo for Android. Watch and share videos in gorgeous HD, minus the ads, and follow categories, channels, and collections to fill your feed with amazing stuff each and every day. Have your own stuff to share? Upload videos from anywhere, and access them whether you’re at home, or on the go. With Vimeo for Android, you can: Watch videos in gorgeous ad-free HD • Stream videos in full 1080p HD • Rejoice in Vimeo’s always ad-free playback • Save videos to watch offline • C...