How To Delete DISH Anywhere Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your DISH Anywhere account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the DISH Anywhere app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with DISH Anywhere completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete DISH Anywhere Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by DISH Anywhere. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting DISH Anywhere via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with DISH Anywhere.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify DISH Anywhere of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete DISH Anywhere's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of DISH Anywhere on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete DISH Anywhere from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting DISH Anywhere app from an Iphone
If you want to delete DISH Anywhere from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the DISH Anywhere icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on DISH Anywhere.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the DISH Anywhere app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete DISH Anywhere" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete DISH Anywhere from your Android phone
To delete DISH Anywhere from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on DISH Anywhere.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the DISH Anywhere app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the DISH Anywhere app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
DISH Anywhere Software Details
Take your TV with you with the DISH Anywhere app – and watch all the TV channels you get at home on your iPad or iPhone. Enjoy all your live or recorded shows and movies anytime. Manage your home DVR from anywhere. And get access to thousands of On Demand movies and shows from Showtime, Starz, EPIX, and many more! Features: * Take your Live TV with you and enjoy watching all of your favorite sports, news, shows, and movies right from your Hopper * Schedule and manage your DVR recordings all from one place * Transfer your DVR recordings to your iPhone, iPad or Mac and watch them offline*...