How To Delete KakaoStory Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your KakaoStory account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the KakaoStory app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with KakaoStory completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete KakaoStory Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by KakaoStory. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting KakaoStory via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with KakaoStory.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify KakaoStory of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete KakaoStory's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of KakaoStory on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete KakaoStory from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting KakaoStory app from an Iphone
If you want to delete KakaoStory from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the KakaoStory icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on KakaoStory.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the KakaoStory app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete KakaoStory" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete KakaoStory from your Android phone
To delete KakaoStory from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on KakaoStory.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the KakaoStory app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the KakaoStory app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
KakaoStory Software Details
Share the stories of your day on KakaoStory. It doesn't always have to be exciting or special. You can share little stories from your day-to-day life on KakaoStory. Read the stories posted by your friends on ""Feed"". Share little stories from your day on ""MyStory"". Find new stories and friends using ""Search"". And here's a little tip in using KakaoStory. - You can conveniently register for KakaoStory using your KakaoTalk account. - You can set animated profile pictures in both KakaoTalk and KakaoStory. - You can edit your photos and videos nicely using the Story Filter. S...