How To Delete 4shared Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your 4shared account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the 4shared app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with 4shared completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete 4shared Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by 4shared. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting 4shared via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with 4shared.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify 4shared of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete 4shared's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of 4shared on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete 4shared from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting 4shared app from an Iphone
If you want to delete 4shared from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the 4shared icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on 4shared.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the 4shared app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete 4shared" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete 4shared from your Android phone
To delete 4shared from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on 4shared.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the 4shared app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the 4shared app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
4shared Software Details
Meet our NEW version! Better and faster! Free mobile application 4shared for Android is a convenient and fast way to access your account at 4shared.com, including all documents, photos, music, etc. directly from your Android device whenever you wish to. The convenient public search option allows you to search for and find the file you need within the massive 4shared file database. It’s also simple to define various search filters (upload time, size, type of file, etc.) to get the best results and add the necessary file to your own account at 4shared.com. With 4shared for Android you c...