How to Delete E*TRADE Completely
Learn how to delete your E*TRADE: Invest. Trade. Save. account, your personal data and also delete the E*TRADE app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with E*TRADE: Invest. Trade. Save. completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete E*TRADE Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by E*TRADE: Invest. Trade. Save.. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting E*TRADE: Invest. Trade. Save. via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with E*TRADE.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify E*TRADE of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting E*TRADE's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of E*TRADE: Invest. Trade. Save. on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete E*TRADE: Invest. Trade. Save. from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete E*TRADE app from your Iphone
If you want to delete E*TRADE: Invest. Trade. Save. from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the E*TRADE: Invest. Trade. Save. icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on E*TRADE: Invest. Trade. Save..
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the E*TRADE: Invest. Trade. Save. app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete E*TRADE: Invest. Trade. Save." on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete E*TRADE from your Android phone
To delete E*TRADE: Invest. Trade. Save. from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on E*TRADE: Invest. Trade. Save..
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the E*TRADE: Invest. Trade. Save. app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the E*TRADE: Invest. Trade. Save. app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
E*TRADE: Invest. Trade. Save. Software Details
1. Securities products and services offered by E*TRADE Securities LLC, Member FINRA/SIPC, are not insured by the FDIC, are not guaranteed deposits or obligations of E*TRADE Bank, and are subject to investment risk, including the possible loss of the principal invested.
2. The E*TRADE Financial family of companies provides financial services including trading, investing and banking products and services to retail customers.
3. Banking products and services are offered by E*TRADE Bank, a federal savings bank, Member FDIC, or its subsidiaries.
4. In the event E*TRADE Bank in its sole discretion determines that there has been either fraudulent or excessive use of the feature on a given account, E*TRADE Bank reserves the right to remove this feature and not refund the ATM fees.
5. E*TRADE Bank does impose a charge equal to 1% of the transaction amount (including credits and reversals) for non-U.S. currency transactions.