How To Delete Ashley Madison Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Ashley Madison account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Ashley Madison app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Ashley Madison completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Ashley Madison Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Ashley Madison. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Ashley Madison via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Ashley Madison.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Ashley Madison of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Ashley Madison's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Ashley Madison on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Ashley Madison from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Ashley Madison app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Ashley Madison from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Ashley Madison icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Ashley Madison.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Ashley Madison app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Ashley Madison" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete Ashley Madison from your Android phone
To delete Ashley Madison from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Ashley Madison.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Ashley Madison app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Ashley Madison app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Ashley Madison Software Details
The official Ashley Madison app. Now completely redesigned to provide you with the best discreet dating experience there is! We've given the app a complete makeover, there's a dynamic new way to search, and host of other great features you'll love. - The new home page lets you easily see new members near you and who’s been checking you out. - With Discover mode, you can swipe to like or dismiss, or even request more photos. - An exhaustive list of filters lets you customize your search to find exactly who you're looking for. - Connecting is easy with our redesigned...