How to Delete Amazon Kindle Completely
Learn how to delete your Amazon Kindle account, your personal data and also delete the Amazon Kindle app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Amazon Kindle completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Amazon Kindle Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Amazon Kindle. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Amazon Kindle via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Amazon Kindle.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Amazon Kindle of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Amazon Kindle's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Amazon Kindle on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Amazon Kindle from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Amazon Kindle app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Amazon Kindle from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Amazon Kindle icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Amazon Kindle.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Amazon Kindle app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Amazon Kindle" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Amazon Kindle from your Android phone
To delete Amazon Kindle from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Amazon Kindle.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Amazon Kindle app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Amazon Kindle app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Amazon Kindle Software Details
1. Built for book lovers, the Kindle app puts millions of books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and manga at your fingertips.
2. Choose from over six million Kindle books (including those with Audible narration), magazines, audiobooks, and comics and start reading in seconds.
3. Explore new releases, Amazon Charts best sellers, and titles across genres like romance, science fiction, children’s books, self-help, religion, nonfiction, and more—and try any book before you buy with a free sample.
4. When you’re reading a book, the Kindle app will automatically sync where you left off—along with any bookmarks, highlights, or notes—so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another.
5. See what percent of the book you’ve read, real page numbers (for most top titles), and how much time you have left in the chapter or book based on your actual reading speed.
6. Turn your phone or tablet into a book with the free Kindle app—so you can read anytime, anywhere.
7. Switch seamlessly from reading your Kindle book to listening to the Audible book, all within the Kindle app.
8. - Zoom in on high-definition color images in Kindle books, magazines, comics, and manga.
9. - With Kindle Daily Deals, save up to 80% on a new selection of books every day, including romance, science fiction, non-fiction, and books for young readers.
10. Breeze through words you don’t know and characters you can’t remember with the built-in dictionary, X-Ray, Wikipedia lookup, instant translations, and search within your book.
11. Flip between pages or get a bird’s-eye view of your book with Page Flip—don’t worry, we’ll save your place.