How To Delete File Manager Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your File Manager account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the File Manager app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with File Manager completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete File Manager Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by File Manager. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting File Manager via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with File Manager.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify File Manager of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete File Manager's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of File Manager on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete File Manager from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting File Manager app from an Iphone
If you want to delete File Manager from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the File Manager icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on File Manager.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the File Manager app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete File Manager" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete File Manager from your Android phone
To delete File Manager from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on File Manager.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the File Manager app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the File Manager app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
File Manager Software Details
File Manager + is easy and powerful file explorer for Android devices. It’s free, fast and full-featured. Because of its simple UI, it’s extremely easy to use. With File Manager +, you can easily manage your files and folders on your device, NAS(Network-attached storage), and cloud storages. What’s more, you can find how many files & apps you have on your device at a glance immediately after opening File manager +. It supports every file management actions (open, search, navigate directory, copy and paste, cut, delete, rename, compress, decompress, transfer, download, bookmark, and organiz...