How To Delete Messenger Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Messenger account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Messenger app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Messenger completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Messenger Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Messenger. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Messenger via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Messenger.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Messenger of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Messenger's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Messenger on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Messenger from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Messenger app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Messengers from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Messenger icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Messenger.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Messenger app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Messenger" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Messenger app from your Android device
To delete Messenger from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Messenger.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Messenger app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Messenger app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Messenger Software Details
Messenger is a communication app that allows you to chat with the whole world for free. You can either choose to chat with your friends only or find new people to chat with. Messenger includes simple games that make chatting with friends more interesting and are a fun way to break the ice when meeting new people. Messenger functions: --> chat with the whole world --> chat with friends --> social login --> social share --> random messenger with filters --> play games with your friends --> random game Download and leave a review, please be advised that this just Messen...