How To Delete Smart Receipts Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Smart Receipts account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Smart Receipts app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Smart Receipts completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Smart Receipts Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Smart Receipts. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Smart Receipts via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Smart Receipts.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Smart Receipts of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Smart Receipts's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Smart Receipts on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Smart Receipts from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Smart Receipts app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Smart Receiptss from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Smart Receipts icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Smart Receipts.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Smart Receipts app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Smart Receipts" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Smart Receipts app from your Android device
To delete Smart Receipts from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Smart Receipts.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Smart Receipts app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Smart Receipts app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Smart Receipts Software Details
Turn your phone into a receipt scanner, mileage tracker, and expense report generator with Smart Receipts! Smart Receipts is perfect for both individuals and businesses! With fully customizable PDF, CSV, and ZIP reports, you can create professional reports for both your personal finance tracking and your employer’s needs. Smart Receipts allows you to select from over 20 different default data types (including dates, price, tax, receipt categories, comments, payment methods, etc.) to help you generate the perfect report, saving you hours of time doing expenses and getting you back to thing...