How to Delete CRED Completely
Learn how to delete your CRED: Credit Card Bills & More account, your personal data and also delete the CRED app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with CRED: Credit Card Bills & More completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete CRED Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by CRED: Credit Card Bills & More. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting CRED: Credit Card Bills & More via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with CRED.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify CRED of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting CRED's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of CRED: Credit Card Bills & More on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete CRED: Credit Card Bills & More from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete CRED app from your Iphone
If you want to delete CRED: Credit Card Bills & More from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the CRED: Credit Card Bills & More icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on CRED: Credit Card Bills & More.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the CRED: Credit Card Bills & More app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete CRED: Credit Card Bills & More" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete CRED from your Android phone
To delete CRED: Credit Card Bills & More from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on CRED: Credit Card Bills & More.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the CRED: Credit Card Bills & More app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the CRED: Credit Card Bills & More app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
CRED: Credit Card Bills & More Software Details
1. CRED is a members only credit card bill payment platform that rewards its members for clearing their credit card bills on time.
2. CRED members get access to exclusive rewards and experiences from premier brands upon clearing their credit card bills on CRED.
3. CRED supports credit card bill payment for American Express, Standard Chartered, Citibank, HSBC, HDFC, ICICI, SBI, AXIS, Kotak, RBL, PNB and other top Indian banks.
4. CRED Coin Rewards - When you pay your credit card bill on CRED, for every rupee cleared on your bill you earn a CRED coin.
5. CRED partners with the best premier and luxury brands to bring you an unmatched experience at the end of every credit card bill payment cycle.
6. Every time you pay your credit card bill on CRED, you earn CRED coins equivalent to the amount of your credit card bill cleared on CRED.
7. CRED Gem Rewards – For every person that you refer to CRED who makes a bill payment, you earn 10 gems.
8. You can then use earned CRED coins to claim exclusive rewards from different brands.
9. You get to manage all your credit cards on CRED and view the amount that is due for payment from a single place.
10. On CRED you can access your credit score data anytime without any extra charges.
11. CRED then proceeds to acquire your updated credit score through a CIBIL score soft inquiry.
12. CRED coins and CRED gems both offer different rewards from different brands.
13. Whether you have to make a Standard Chartered credit card payment, American Express credit card payment or Citi credit card payment, your payments are always instantly cleared and take just a few clicks.
14. The CRED coins earned can be used to claim shopping rewards, travel rewards and dining rewards.
15. Apart from these, you can also access all your credit card rewards ie rewards offered by your bank.
16. As a member, this helps you keep regular checks on your credit score and re-evaluate your spending patterns to maintain a healthy credit status.