How To Delete BBC News Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your BBC News account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the BBC News app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with BBC News completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete BBC News Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by BBC News. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting BBC News via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with BBC News.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify BBC News of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete BBC News's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of BBC News on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete BBC News from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting BBC News app from an Iphone
If you want to delete BBC Newss from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the BBC News icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on BBC News.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the BBC News app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete BBC News" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting BBC News app from your Android device
To delete BBC News from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on BBC News.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the BBC News app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the BBC News app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
BBC News Software Details
The BBC News app brings you news from the BBC and our global network of journalists. The app also offers the BBC World Service Radio streamed live, social features and personalisation so you can re-order the news categories to suit your interests. Key features: Top Stories brings you the latest, breaking news from our trusted global network of journalists. My News is a feature allowing you to personalise your news offering. Add topics wherever you see the + icon for a quick route straight to the stories you care about. Stories from topics you add will appear in your personalised My N...