How To Delete The New York Times Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your The New York Times account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the The New York Times app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with The New York Times completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
- How to Delete via Email
- How to Delete on Iphone
- How to Delete on Android
- Apps like The New York Times
Delete The New York Times Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by The New York Times. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting The New York Times via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with The New York Times.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify The New York Times of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete The New York Times's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of The New York Times on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete The New York Times from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting The New York Times app from an Iphone
If you want to delete The New York Timess from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the The New York Times icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on The New York Times.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the The New York Times app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete The New York Times" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting The New York Times app from your Android device
To delete The New York Times from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on The New York Times.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the The New York Times app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the The New York Times app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
The New York Times Software Details
Understand the world through award-winning independent journalism, expert reporting and multimedia storytelling with the NYTimes app. Favorite Features: • A redesigned Top Stories provides a more consistent experience across all our apps and website. Our new home page groups similar stories together so you can easily return to sections that interest you. • Breaking News alerts that link directly to developing stories. • Save articles for offline reading on any device. • Share articles, photos and videos through your favorite sharing platform. • Watch exclusive videos and browse our...