How To Delete Yandex.Disk Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Yandex.Disk account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Yandex.Disk app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Yandex.Disk completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Yandex.Disk Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Yandex.Disk. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Yandex.Disk via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Yandex Disk.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Yandex Disk of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Yandex.Disk's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Yandex.Disk on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Yandex.Disk from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Yandex.Disk app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Yandex.Disk from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Yandex.Disk icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Yandex.Disk.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Yandex.Disk app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Yandex.Disk" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete Yandex.Disk from your Android phone
To delete Yandex.Disk from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Yandex.Disk.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Yandex.Disk app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Yandex.Disk app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Yandex.Disk Software Details
1. Yandex.Disk is a free cloud storage service that gives you access to your photos, videos and documents from any internet-enabled device.
2. - Your files will be completely safe on Disk, even if your mobile or tablet gets lost or broken.
3. - Transfer data from your cell phone to computer and back again, all you need is an internet connection.
4. - To share a file or folder, simply send a link to it and save on mobile data charges.
5. - Get up to 10GB on Disk for free, and if that's not enough, you can always purchase additional packages of 100GB or 1 TB.
6. Download the app to your phone or tablet and you'll literally be able to carry your files with you everywhere.