How To Delete Greenlight Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Greenlight account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Greenlight app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Greenlight completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Greenlight Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Greenlight. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Greenlight via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Greenlight.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Greenlight of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Greenlight's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Greenlight on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Greenlight from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Greenlight app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Greenlights from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Greenlight icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Greenlight.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Greenlight app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Greenlight" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Greenlight app from your Android device
To delete Greenlight from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Greenlight.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Greenlight app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Greenlight app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Greenlight Software Details
Greenlight is a debit card for kids and teens that parents manage through an app. Parents can choose the exact stores where their children can spend, manage chores and allowances, set parent-paid interest rates on savings and more. Kids monitor balances, create savings goals and learn to make real world trade-off decisions. Since Greenlight is a prepaid debit card, kids can’t spend what they don’t have. No overdraft fees. No overspending. No surprises. PARENTS CAN - Manage chores - Automate allowances - Instantly transfer money to kids’ cards - Receive real-time notifications - S...