How to Delete Home Assistant Completely
Learn how to delete your Home Assistant account and personal data from your device.
Table of Contents:
Reading time: 47 seconds
1. Delete Home Assistant Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Home Assistant:
- Under GDPR: EU/UK Residents have the right to ask (via email), an organization that holds data about them to delete it. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. Organizations have one month to respond to the request.
- Under CCPA: California residents have the right to request that a company delete the data/personal information it has on them. A failure to comply with this will result in a fine of upto $7,500.
Now we understand what the Law says, Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- To delete your Home Assistant account, contact Home Assistant via email and provide the reasons for your request.
- Mention the law under which you make your request (GDPR or CCPA).
- Notify Home Assistant of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send the email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. How to Delete Home Assistant on Iphone
- On iphone, Goto "Settings "
- Click on "General" » "Iphone Storage".
- Select the app, and click "Delete Home Assistant".
3. Delete Home Assistant on Android phone
- Go to your Android phone Settings.
- Click on "Apps & Games".
- Select "Home Assistant" and Click "Uninstall".
Home Assistant Product Details
The official app for Home Assistant. Home Assistant for Android lets you control all your devices in your Home Assistant instance. Home Assistant is an open-source home automation platform that focuses on privacy and local control. Home Assistant for Android requires that you have access to a Home Assistant instance. For documentation around the application please see https://companion.home-assistant.io/ We are also working on supporting Wear OS. If interested be sure to check out the beta!