How To Delete Home Assistant Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Home Assistant account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Home Assistant app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Home Assistant completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Home Assistant Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Home Assistant. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Home Assistant via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Home Assistant.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Home Assistant of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Home Assistant's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Home Assistant on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Home Assistant from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Home Assistant app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Home Assistants from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Home Assistant icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Home Assistant.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Home Assistant app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Home Assistant" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Home Assistant app from your Android device
To delete Home Assistant from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Home Assistant.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Home Assistant app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Home Assistant app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Home Assistant Software Details
The official app for Home Assistant. Home Assistant for Android lets you control all your devices in your Home Assistant instance. Home Assistant is an open-source home automation platform that focuses on privacy and local control. Home Assistant for Android requires that you have access to a Home Assistant instance.