How To Delete O2 Smart Box Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your O2 Smart Box account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the O2 Smart Box app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with O2 Smart Box completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete O2 Smart Box Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by O2 Smart Box. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting O2 Smart Box via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with O2 Smart Box.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify O2 Smart Box of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete O2 Smart Box's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of O2 Smart Box on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete O2 Smart Box from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting O2 Smart Box app from an Iphone
If you want to delete O2 Smart Boxs from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the O2 Smart Box icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on O2 Smart Box.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the O2 Smart Box app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete O2 Smart Box" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting O2 Smart Box app from your Android device
To delete O2 Smart Box from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on O2 Smart Box.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the O2 Smart Box app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the O2 Smart Box app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
O2 Smart Box Software Details
App accompanying the O2 Smart Box - modem that will change the way you think about the internet. MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE O2 Smart Box is designed to do more than a lot. Where you'd previuosly waste a lot of time and space installing and maintaining several separate devices, there's now just one - the O2 Smart Box. EASY SETUP The only thing you need to set up your O2 Smart Box is your smartphone. Say goodbye to complicated manuals and tedious installation procedures. AT THE HEART OF YOUR SMART HOME The O2 Smart Box can control the temperature in your home, switch on your lights even be...