How To Delete Yahoo Search Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Yahoo Search account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Yahoo Search app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Yahoo Search completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Yahoo Search Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Yahoo Search. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Yahoo Search via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Yahoo Search.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Yahoo Search of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Yahoo Search's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Yahoo Search on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Yahoo Search from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Yahoo Search app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Yahoo Search from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Yahoo Search icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Yahoo Search.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Yahoo Search app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Yahoo Search" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete Yahoo Search from your Android phone
To delete Yahoo Search from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Yahoo Search.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Yahoo Search app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Yahoo Search app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Yahoo Search Software Details
Yahoo Search helps you find the information you need while on-the-go and get fast answers to help navigate your life. Get quick access to the latest sports scores, breaking news and what’s Trending Now. Find local restaurants, coffee shops and services around you with a moveable map showing nearby results. Search using your voice for quick access to what you need. Discover a better way to find answers with the Yahoo Search App. Features include: - Voice-to-text search - Use your voice to search quickly for answers while on-the-go. - Trending Now - Discover the most popular breaking ne...