How to Delete The Weather Channel Completely
Learn how to delete your The Weather Channel - Radar account, your personal data and also delete the The Weather Channel app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with The Weather Channel - Radar completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete The Weather Channel Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by The Weather Channel - Radar. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting The Weather Channel - Radar via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with The Weather Channel.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify The Weather Channel of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting The Weather Channel's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of The Weather Channel - Radar on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete The Weather Channel - Radar from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete The Weather Channel app from your Iphone
If you want to delete The Weather Channel - Radar from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the The Weather Channel - Radar icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on The Weather Channel - Radar.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the The Weather Channel - Radar app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete The Weather Channel - Radar" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete The Weather Channel from your Android phone
To delete The Weather Channel - Radar from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on The Weather Channel - Radar.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the The Weather Channel - Radar app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the The Weather Channel - Radar app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
The Weather Channel - Radar Software Details
1. Live weather radar, weather maps, forecast, and an accurate storm and hurricane tracker - available wherever you are! Get the local weather info you need to prepare for what's ahead: a tropical storm, a hurricane, or bright blue skies.
2. Track your local weather and live weather radar to prepare for what's ahead - rain or severe weather like a tropical storm or hurricane.
3. Track weather alerts & conditions - Stay alert with our hurricane tracker, and get weather alerts with our storm radar.
4. Hurricane season and tropical storms are here, so be prepared with local weather maps, storm radar news and your local weather forecast.
5. Our practical GPS weather maps, storm radar & hurricane tracker help you face whatever the clouds may bring.
6. Living in an area prone to severe weather? Our storm radar and severe weather alerts have got you covered.
7. • Tornado and storm tracker: our live radar helps you track extreme weather.
8. NOAA severe weather alerts - Get push notifications for all severe weather updates with our storm tracker.
9. Get live radar updates, severe weather alerts, and check weather conditions on the go.
10. Discover a live weather radar, a storm tracker, and our Feels Like feature.
11. We provide an accurate weather forecast to help you plan up to 15 days in advance, with NOAA alerts and severe weather recommendations.
12. *The World's Leading Weather Provider: Apps from The Weather Company, parent of The Weather Channel, are the most used weather apps worldwide based on average monthly active users via smartphone in 2019.
13. Check our forecast with a detailed weather tracker and accurate weather maps.
14. Stay alert: track local weather and plan outdoor activities with confidence.
15. Weather your way: face severe weather with The Weather Channel, the world's leading weather provider*.
16. Enjoy the weather and don’t worry about getting caught in a storm.