How To Delete Vivint Smart Home Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Vivint Smart Home account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Vivint Smart Home app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Vivint Smart Home completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
- How to Delete via Email
- How to Delete on Iphone
- How to Delete on Android
- Apps like Vivint Smart Home
Delete Vivint Smart Home Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Vivint Smart Home. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Vivint Smart Home via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Vivint Smart Home.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Vivint Smart Home of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Vivint Smart Home's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Vivint Smart Home on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Vivint Smart Home from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Vivint Smart Home app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Vivint Smart Homes from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Vivint Smart Home icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Vivint Smart Home.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Vivint Smart Home app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Vivint Smart Home" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Vivint Smart Home app from your Android device
To delete Vivint Smart Home from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Vivint Smart Home.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Vivint Smart Home app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Vivint Smart Home app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Vivint Smart Home Software Details
The Vivint Smart Home app is a complete smart home control system that connects doorbell cameras, security cameras, smart thermostats, door & window sensors, smoke detectors, and more into a single user interface. Our simple, intuitive app eliminates the need to switch between different home control apps or walk through the house flipping switches by hand. With the Vivint Smart Home app, you get to live more and manage less. Note: Vivint SkyControl panel and service subscription required. Call 877.788.2697 for free installation. With the Vivint Smart Home app, you can: · Arm home secu...