How to Delete UnionBank Online Completely
Learn how to delete your UnionBank Online account, your personal data and also delete the UnionBank Online app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with UnionBank Online completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete UnionBank Online Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by UnionBank Online. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting UnionBank Online via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with UnionBank Online.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify UnionBank Online of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting UnionBank Online's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of UnionBank Online on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete UnionBank Online from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete UnionBank Online app from your Iphone
If you want to delete UnionBank Online from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the UnionBank Online icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on UnionBank Online.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the UnionBank Online app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete UnionBank Online" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete UnionBank Online from your Android phone
To delete UnionBank Online from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on UnionBank Online.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the UnionBank Online app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the UnionBank Online app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
UnionBank Online Software Details
1. + Real-time crediting for transfers between your accounts or other UnionBank accounts.
2. Easily manage your accounts, your cards, transfer funds, pay your bills and more, with just the tap of your finger.
3. + Transfer funds to anyone, to any bank, any time, without any enrolment or going to the branch.
4. + View all your accounts and credit card balances in one place.
5. + Send payment requests to another UnionBank Online user with just their mobile number.
6. + View your credit card spend, points and statements.
7. + Other bank's checks, follows industry cut-off and clearing hours.
8. + Save accounts you frequently transfer to and bills you regularly pay.
9. + Transfer your US Dollars to other local banks for only USD1! Made possible through PDDTS.
10. + First Philippine bank that enables customers to open accounts through the app.
11. + Real-time monitoring of your savings, checking or debit/ATM card activities.
12. + Split bills with your friends on UnionBank Online.
13. + Immediately get a Lazada Virtual Debit card for online shopping.
14. + Choose between Personal Savings Account, PlayEveryday, Savings+, Lazada or GetGo.
15. Get started by opening an account in-app, without ever having to step into a branch.
16. + Track your rank, view your points and access the leaderboards with PlayEveryday.
17. + UnionBank checks clears after two hours – even during weekends and holidays.
Reported Deleting Issues
Delete mobile account and mobile number
— by Ryan on Aug 13 2022