How To Delete Uber Driver Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Uber Driver account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Uber Driver app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Uber Driver completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Uber Driver Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Uber Driver. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Uber Driver via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Uber Driver.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Uber Driver of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Uber Driver's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Uber Driver on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Uber Driver from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Uber Driver app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Uber Drivers from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Uber Driver icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Uber Driver.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Uber Driver app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Uber Driver" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Uber Driver app from your Android device
To delete Uber Driver from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Uber Driver.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Uber Driver app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Uber Driver app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Uber Driver Software Details
Uber Driver app – the app for drivers. Turn your spare time into earnings with the new Driver app — built with drivers, to bring you helpful information at your fingertips. Help as you move people and things where they need to go. Drive whenever you want — no offices, no bosses. Wherever you want to go, we want you to enjoy the journey and the destination. Sign up to drive inside the Uber Driver app. We’ll guide you through the steps and notify you when you’re all set to drive. A smarter way to earn Keep track of how much you’re making after every trip, right on the map. Schedule...