How To Delete Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
- How to Delete via Email
- How to Delete on Iphone
- How to Delete on Android
- Apps like Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard
Delete Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard from your Android phone
To delete Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard Software Details
Microsoft SwiftKey is the intelligent keyboard that learns your writing style, so you can type faster. Use your personalized keyboard to type and send emoji, GIFs and more just the way you like. The Microsoft SwiftKey swipe keyboard is always learning and adapting to match your unique way of typing - including your slang, nicknames and emoji. The built-in emoji keyboard has every emoji you’ll ever need and more. Microsoft SwiftKey learns your favorite emoji so you can always send your friends the right reactions. Microsoft SwiftKey caters to all typing tastes, with free designs and t...