How to Delete Starling Bank Completely
Learn how to delete your Starling Bank - Mobile Banking account and personal data from your device.
Table of Contents:
Reading time: 47 seconds
1. Delete Starling Bank Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Starling Bank - Mobile Banking:
- Under GDPR: EU/UK Residents have the right to ask (via email), an organization that holds data about them to delete it. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. Organizations have one month to respond to the request.
- Under CCPA: California residents have the right to request that a company delete the data/personal information it has on them. A failure to comply with this will result in a fine of upto $7,500.
Now we understand what the Law says, Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- To delete your Starling Bank account, contact Starling Bank via email and provide the reasons for your request.
- Mention the law under which you make your request (GDPR or CCPA).
- Notify Starling Bank of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send the email to [email protected]... Login to see email.
2. How to Delete Starling Bank on Iphone
- On iphone, Goto "Settings "
- Click on "General" » "Iphone Storage".
- Select the app, and click "Delete Starling Bank - Mobile Banking".
3. Delete Starling Bank on Android phone
- Go to your Android phone Settings.
- Click on "Apps & Games".
- Select "Starling Bank - Mobile Banking" and Click "Uninstall".
Starling Bank - Mobile Banking Product Details
Forget everything you know about banking. Our award-winning personal, business and joint accounts make managing your money as seamless, simple and satisfying as it should be in 2023. It’s why we’ve been voted Britain’s Best Current Account Provider five years in a row by the people that matter - you, the British public. Open a bank account online in minutes - for free - from your phone, and join the millions who have already discovered the better way to bank. What’s in it for you? No overseas fees • We won’t charge you a penny for using your card abroad, or for withdrawing cash at an ATM. • We’ll give you the Mastercard exchange rate, and won’t add anything on top. • Get notifications in the local currency, and in GBP. Better budgeting • Get instant payment notifications and track your balance in real-time • Learn where your money goes, and how to make savings, with Spending Insights • Use Bills Manager to set aside money for your bills. It means your main balance will only show you what’s actually available for day-to-day spending. • Connect to other money management tools through Starling Marketplace, such as PensionBee and Wealthify. Save effortlessly • Saving Spaces are like virtual piggy banks. • They sit within your bank account, but the money’s kept separate from your main balance – so you’ll never accidentally dip into your savings. • Personalise Spaces with pictures, set a target, and track your progress. • Save on autopilot – round up payments to the nearest pound and put away the spare change, or set up regular payments into your Spaces. Pay and get paid seamlessly • Owed money? Send a simple link to get paid back. • Enjoy easy international transfers to 37 countries from your app – no hidden fees or exchange rate markups • Pay people instantly in-app – no fiddly card reader needed • Deposit cheques digitally from your phone and pay in cash at the Post Office. Keep your money safe • Your money’s covered up to £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme • With 24/7 in-app support from real humans in the UK, we’re always here to help • Lock your card in-app and turn settings on and off, such as contactless, online, gambling and swipe payments Business banking No monthly fees. Get mobile and web banking access, 24/7 support and simplified accounting. Deposit cash at the Post Office from as little as £3, and deposit cheques in-app by taking a photo. Automate your expenses, ring-fence money for bills, keep track of invoices with instant payment notifications and spot where your business is spending with smart analytics. Starling Kite for kids Voted Britain’s Best Children’s Financial Provider 2022. Kite is our debit card and app for kids. It’s like a child bank account, but built seamlessly into your Starling account (personal or joint) for better visibility and control. Kids have their own version of the app, too. The joint bank account Manage collective household expenses or save up for something big together; our joint account simplifies shared spending. Get instant payment notifications, track your spending with Insights, save up together and make important payments from one account. Open an account in seconds. Starling Bank is registered in England and Wales as Starling Bank Limited (No. 09092149), 5th Floor, London Fruit and Wool Exchange, 1 Duval Square, London, E1 6PW. We’re authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 730166.