How to Delete SC Completely
Learn how to delete your SC Mobile Zambia account, your personal data and also delete the SC app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with SC Mobile Zambia completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete SC Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by SC Mobile Zambia. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting SC Mobile Zambia via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with SC.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify SC of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting SC's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of SC Mobile Zambia on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete SC Mobile Zambia from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete SC app from your Iphone
If you want to delete SC Mobile Zambia from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the SC Mobile Zambia icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on SC Mobile Zambia.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the SC Mobile Zambia app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete SC Mobile Zambia" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete SC from your Android phone
To delete SC Mobile Zambia from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on SC Mobile Zambia.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the SC Mobile Zambia app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the SC Mobile Zambia app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
SC Mobile Zambia Software Details
1. Start mobile banking where you can transfer funds or access and complete most of the service needs that would typically require you to visit a branch.
2. SC Mobile enables you to track the progress of your banking services that you would normally need to action from our branch.
3. You are about to start an amazing digital banking experience right from the comfort of your mobile.
4. What’s more, you can use your SC Mobile for other daily transactions such as airtime and data bundle purchases, mobile money transfers and other utility payments.
5. SC Mobile certainly gives you more time to do the things you love and less time worrying about banking.
6. SC Mobile offers you all the benefits of owning these account types which are available in multiple currencies.
7. With SC Mobile, you have the power of banking in your palm.
8. You can transfer funds to accounts within Standard Chartered Bank and to other local and international destination accounts.