How To Delete Samsung Pay Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Samsung Pay account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Samsung Pay app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Samsung Pay completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Samsung Pay Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Samsung Pay. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Samsung Pay via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Samsung Pay.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Samsung Pay of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Samsung Pay's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Samsung Pay on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Samsung Pay from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Samsung Pay app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Samsung Pay from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Samsung Pay icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Samsung Pay.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Samsung Pay app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Samsung Pay" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete Samsung Pay from your Android phone
To delete Samsung Pay from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Samsung Pay.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Samsung Pay app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Samsung Pay app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Samsung Pay Software Details
More than a wallet. • With Samsung Pay, add all your credit, debit, gift and membership cards to your devices.* • Samsung Pay has partnered with American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard®, and Visa® payment card networks in conjunction with top U.S. banks. • Get extra rewards for the same purchases you make every day. Samsung Rewards lets you earn points for every purchase. Earn points from your purchases and by using Samsung apps, and then redeem them toward Samsung products and more. • With an extra layer of security, each transaction with Samsung Pay is covered by your bank’s fr...