How To Delete Roku Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Roku account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Roku app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Roku completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Roku Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Roku. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Roku via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Roku.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Roku of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Roku's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Roku on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Roku from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Roku app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Rokus from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Roku icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Roku.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Roku app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Roku" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Roku app from your Android device
To delete Roku from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Roku.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Roku app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Roku app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Roku Software Details
Stream hundreds of hit movies, TV shows and more on the go with The Roku Channel, use it as a second remote, enjoy private listening, and more. The free Roku mobile app makes it easy and fun to control your Roku player and Roku TV™. Use the Roku mobile app to: • Control your Roku device as another remote • Stream hit movies, TV shows and more on the go with The Roku Channel • Enjoy private listening* with headphones • Use your voice or keyboard to search for movies, shows, actors, and directors • Cast videos, photos, and music to your TV • Add and launch channels on your Roku d...